Bring water to boil in large pot. Take pot off heat and add noodles. Leave in for a few minutes until tender (a good indicator is if the noodles can easily twirl around a fork).
Drain noodles well in a colander.
In frying pan, heat oil, add chicken, mushrooms and onion.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked and mushrooms and onions have caramelized (when they begin to brown).
Add garlic and stir to combine.
Add lime juice, fish sauce, shrimp and snow peas and cook just until shrimp are pink all the way through (be careful not to overcook), stirring often.
Add noodles, sesame oil and cilantro and toss to coat.
Serve hot, sprinkled with reserved chopped cilantro.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 - 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 pkg shrimp, raw, peeled
- 1 pkg rice vermicelli
- 1 pkg glass noodles
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, preferably shiitake or oyster, sliced
- 1 onion(s), small, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil