Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add snow peas and cook quickly until bright green and crisp-tender – about 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon and transfer to a colander. Run cold water over the snow peas to stop cooking. Quickly blanch carrots and zucchini using the same method.
Return water to a boil and cook udon noodles in unsalted water according to package directions. Drain and transfer noodles to a large bowl.
Add blanched vegetables to bowl and toss. Next add chopped green onions, minced mint and ginger root, brown rice vinegar, tamari, black pepper, sesame oil and chopped chicken and toss again.
Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint (optional).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) snow peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini, chopped
- 8 oz (230 g) soba noodles or kamut udon noodles
- 1 cup (250 mL) green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mint, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low-sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil, toasted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 sprigs mint (optional garnish)
Kamut udon noodles can be substituted for soba noodles.