Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add boneless, skinless chicken. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and one clove of finely minced garlic. Cover and cook until well browned on both sides and temperature in thickest part of breast reaches 165°F (74°C). Cool chicken in refrigerator. Once cooled slice and set aside.
Drain artichoke hearts and reserve marinade. There will be approximately ⅓ cup
Make the yogurt dressing by combining yogurt and artichoke marinade, mint, nutmeg, the other clove of garlic and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix romaine lettuce and mixed greens. Add chives and toss together.
Divide salad among four dinner plates. Top each salad with one-quarter of the artichoke hearts, sliced chicken, halved dates, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds. Garnish with sprigs of mint and whole chives. Drizzle plates with the yogurt dressing. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 fl oz (180 mL) marinated artichoke hearts, keep marinade
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt, 2–4% MF
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mint, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 8 cups (2 L) Romaine lettuce, torn bite-size
- 4 cups (1 L) field or mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chives, fresh, sliced
- 12 dates, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) almonds, sliced
- 4 sprigs mint, fresh, optional garnish
- 12 sprigs chives, fresh, optional garnish