Cut the cucumber in half length-wise and then slice each half into 2 or 3 long strips. Cut across into 1 inch (2.5 cm) chunks and add to a large salad bowl. Add cherry tomatoes, red onion, red and green pepper and garlic to bowl.
Add chopped cooked chicken and sliced olives to salad bowl.
Crumble feta and add to bowl. Sprinkle with dried oregano, dried thyme, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss it all together and put in the refrigerator for at least a half hour for flavours to mingle. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more lemon juice if you like your salad more tart.
To serve, toss again and garnish with a generous grind of fresh ground black pepper.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, medium, unpeeled
- 1 green pepper, medium, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, medium, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, medium, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken breasts, cooked cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) black olives, pitted, sliced
- 6 oz (175 g) feta cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oregano, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme, dried
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper
Bottle lemon juice is more tart and stronger than fresh. If you use the bottled lemon juice add a bit less and then taste and adjust to your preference.