In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses, onion, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
Stuff each breast with ½ cup of the spinach mixture.
Place chicken skin side up in a greased 15” x 10” x1” (38 cm x 25 cm x 2 cm) baking pan.
Combine the oil, paprika, oregano and thyme, brush over chicken. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
Bake uncovered, at 350ºF (180ºC) for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the breast meat reads 165ºF (74ºC) and the juices run clear.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 skin-on chicken breasts, halved
- 20 oz (570 g) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) swiss Emmental cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cups (175 mL) ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) onion, finely-chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) thyme, dried