In small bowl, stir together ginger, half of the oil, the garlic, cumin, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Spread over chicken.
In bowl, toss together remaining oil, mango, papaya, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, onion, red pepper, cilantro, mint and half of the salt. (Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate chicken for up to 4 hours and salsa for up to 2 hours.)
Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
To serve, spoon salsa over chicken.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 mangoes, raw, peeled, diced
- 1 papaya, raw, peeled, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red onion(s), finely-chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red pepper(s), finely-chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch salt