Slice chicken thighs across the grain into 1” (2.5 cm) strips.
Add flour into a resealable bag and add chicken strips. Shake to evenly coat.
Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and sprinkle with half of the salt and oregano and brown pieces on one side. Turn and sprinkle other side again with oregano and salt and finish browning other side. Discard bag and remaining flour.
Add sliced onions, raisins and walnuts. Stir and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth and deglaze using a wooden spoon to scrape up bits off bottom of skillet. Top with shredded greens. Cover and cook 7-8 minutes or until greens are wilted and tender and chicken is cooked through.
Finish by stirring in balsamic vinegar and freshly-ground black pepper. Serve from skillet.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into 1" (2.5 cm) strips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) red onion(s), sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) seedless raisins
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups (1.5 L) swiss chard, raw, shredded
- 6 cups (1.5 L) mix of chard and kale, raw, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
This recipe was tested with 6 pieces of thigh weighing approximately 3 oz (85 g) each.