Put first 6 ingredients in a saucepan. Add just enough water to barely cover chicken breasts.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken breasts and let cool to room temperature.
Discard vegetables and liquid.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put in a bowl. Add celery, grapes and pineapple.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over chicken and fruit.
Gently toss to mix then refrigerate until needed. Mound salad on lettuce leaves to serve.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), filets removed
- 1 onion(s), small, quartered
- 1 carrot(s), small, peeled, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3 sprigs parsley, fresh
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 pkg low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) honey
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) mint, fresh, minced