Remove a large chipotle pepper and sauce from can and mince. Mix with marmalade, maple syrup, chicken broth, chili powder, ground cumin and vinegar in a bowl.
Cook quinoa according to package directions.
Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté a few minutes. Add skinless chicken breasts, bone side up, and brown on one side. Turn and brown other side. Pour sauce over chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
Cook sauce over medium high heat to reduce juices to half or until slightly thickened and glossy.
Serve the chicken over quinoa covered with some of the thickened sauce.
Garnish with fresh orange slices and sprigs of parsley (optional garnishes).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 1 orange, sliced, for garnish
- 4 sprigs parsley, for garnish
Freeze the leftover chiles in adobo sauce in small 1 or 2 pepper portions for use in other recipes.