Peel sweet potatoes. Cut in half and then into cubes approximately 2 inches (5 cm) each. Add to the bottom of the crock of slow cooker.
Top with chicken thighs.
Slice mushrooms, dice onions and mince garlic. Scatter over chicken and sweet potatoes.
Pour over white wine and sprinkle with dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours (HIGH 3-4 hours). Thirty minutes before completion scatter over frozen green peas. Cover and continue cooking.
To serve, place chicken and sweet potatoes on a platter. Scatter with chopped parsley. Pour juices into a dish and serve on the side as au jus.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 cups (1 L) sweet potatoe(s), peeled and cubed
- 2.5 lb (1 kg) bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups (500 mL) brown mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red onion(s), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) rosemary, dried
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup (250 mL) green peas, frozen
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, minced, for garnish
If you use boneless chicken thighs there will be a shorter cooking time.