Slice broccoli stalks into rounds. Separate heads into florettes. Steam until tender crisp and still bright green. You can also make this salad with raw broccoli if you prefer. Add to large salad bowl.
Shred the cooked chicken and add to bowl.
Grate carrots and mince onion and toss into salad bowl along with the raisins and bocconcini.
Add sugar, olive oil, red wine vinegar, paprika, thyme leaves, minced rosemary and sage, minced garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 cups (1.5 L) broccoli, stalks and florets, sliced
- 1 pkg bocconcini pearls, 24% MF, (fresh mozzarella), drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red onions, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 mL) thyme, fresh
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sage, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
Bocconcini are available in a variety of sizes of balls and here the “pearls” are used.