Place chicken in a medium bowl; sprinkle with lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring to coat well.
In another bowl, place prunes; add chicken broth and let sit about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spray a large frying pan with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes.
Add carrots, then leek; cook about 1 minute more. Add sugar snap peas and butter and continue to stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked and peas are tender crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir in prunes and broth, separating pieces of prunes.
Cook about 1 minute more or until hot through.
Serve with saffron rice, if desired.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2-inch fingers
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon peel, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 4 oz (115 g) prunes, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cups (175 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar snap peas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter