- Heat oil in skillet and stir-fry ginger for 10 seconds. Add chicken broth to skillet and then pour into slow cooker.
- Add skinless, bone-in breasts to slow cooker with cream corn, rice vinegar, white pepper, hot sauce and tamari. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours) until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool. Take meat off the bone and dice into bite-size pieces. Add chicken back to slow cooker with finely sliced green onion.
- Slowly stir in beaten egg whites. Keep stirring eggs until all in small strands.
- Serve immediately with each bowl garnished with a handful of fresh watercress.
A simple, elegant recipe with Chinese origins.