Heat oil in skillet and stir-fry ginger for 10 seconds. Add chicken broth to skillet and then pour into slow cooker.
Add skinless, bone-in breasts to slow cooker with cream corn, rice vinegar, white pepper, hot sauce and tamari. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours) until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool. Take meat off the bone and dice into bite-size pieces. Add chicken back to slow cooker with finely sliced green onion.
Slowly stir in beaten egg whites. Keep stirring eggs until all in small strands.
Serve immediately with each bowl garnished with a handful of fresh watercress.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 13 fl oz (385 mL) creamed corn
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) white pepper
- 3 green onion(s), finely-chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) watercress
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula (rocket)
- 2 egg white(s)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) asian hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tamari
A simple, elegant recipe with Chinese origins.