Use a kitchen brush to coat top of chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Preheat grill over medium high heat. Grill approximately 10 minutes on each side and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Cut the grapes in half. Add to a medium saucepan.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Place in a serving dish and set aside. The salsa is best served warm.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups (500 mL) red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried figs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sweet paprika or 1 tsp each sweet and smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cinnamon
Serve the simple grilled chicken with the tasty fig and grape chutney.