Sprinkle chicken breasts with lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Marinate up to one hour in the refrigerator. Place chicken breasts on greased grill over medium high heat. Grill for 10-15 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest piece reads 165°F (74°C). Cool slightly then slice in ½-inch strips.
Dice the tomatoes and mince the fresh herbs. Combine herbs and tomatoes with fresh ground black pepper in large serving bowl.
Boil pasta according to package directions in unsalted water. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil slowly in a small pot until it is just about ready to boil. Pour over tomatoes and herbs in serving bowl. Combine well and add hot pasta and shredded Romano cheese and toss again. Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tomato(es), medium
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) basil, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sage, fresh
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) parsley, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rosemary, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mint, fresh
- 2 tsp (10 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pkg whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Romano cheese, grated
Use any combination of fresh herbs. Serve warm or cold. Leftovers are great in pitas or wraps.