Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
On a clean cool surface lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough. Lightly spray with cooking spray and arrange the second sheet on top. Press gently to seal the two sheet together. Measure and slice the sheet into 24 3-inch x 3-inch squares. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin and arrange each of the phyllo squares into it. All four points of the square should point up to make a cup. Bake for 5-8 minutes until golden.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until just crisp. Using a slotted spoon transfer the bacon to paper towel and drain out the rendered fat. Add butter to the skillet and heat until melted. Add the leek and sauté until just golden. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink. Stir in the cream cheese and bacon, stir until completely combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning.
Spoon leek and chicken mixture into prepared phyllo cups. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and chives.
- Serves: 24
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 sheets thawed phyllo sheets
- 2 strips bacon, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb (0.2 kg) lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- freshly chopped chives, for serving
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
Phyllo dough can be purchased in the freezer aisle of most supermarkets.