Cut any larger chicken pieces in half. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken in the hot oil for 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is nicely browned on both sides.
Add the apple juice and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook another 5 minutes.
Add the washed baby carrots and sliced zucchini. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender. Add zucchini during the last few minutes of cooking. Cook until the centre of the thickest part of each chicken breast reaches 165ºF (74ºC).
Remove the chicken and vegetables from the skillet with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Stir the mustard into the liquid to deglaze the skillet. If the pan juices have evaporated add a little more apple juice.
Spoon the mustard sauce over the chicken and vegetables and garnish with coarsely chopped toasted almonds.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) zucchini, cut in 2-inch fingers
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped