Combine zucchini, asparagus, red pepper, gouda, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Toss chicken thighs with oil, thyme and garlic. Loosen skin slightly from each chicken thigh and stuff with zucchini mixture. Place in lightly oiled roasting pan.
Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 30 minutes or until skin is golden and crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) asparagus, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smoked gouda, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 6 skin on, bone in chicken thighs (about 800 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced