Prepare and measure out all ingredients before beginning to cook. Prepare them up to a day ahead if you like – just refrigerate the chicken. Trim fat from chicken, then slice into ¼ inch (0.5 cm) thick strips. Cut strips into bite-size lengths.
Slice the hard central ribs from lime leaves and discard. Stack leaves and sliver as thin as possible. They should measure about ¼ cup (60 mL). Remove tip of each sugar snap pea and pull the string from the top. Grate carrots using a food processor. They should measure about 2 cups (500 mL). Slice peppers into bite-size julienne strips. Stir fish sauce with hoisin, water and sugar.
Place a large wide frying pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and curry paste and stir constantly for 3 minutes. Then add the fish sauce mixture and lime leaves. Boil gently to soften leaves and develop flavor, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add all the chicken and carrots. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir frequently until chicken is no longer pink, from 3 to 5 minutes. Finally add the peppers and sugar snap peas. Stir often until peas and peppers are done as you like, about 3 more minutes. Serve immediately over rice.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 12 Kaffir lime leaves, larg3
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar snap peas
- 2 carrot(s), large, grated
- 2 red pepper(s), julienned
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fish sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) oyster sauce
- 3/4 cups (175 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hot curry paste