Place ground chicken in a large bowl and mix in entire can of beans and rest of ingredients. Mix well using clean hands.
Form into seven ½ cup (125 mL) patties about 1 inch thick and place on large plate. Chill for approximately 30 minutes.
Spray BBQ grill with vegetable oil cooking spray and preheat on medium heat. Grill burgers with the lid closed until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the burger reads 165ºF (74ºC) - about 9 minutes per side.
Serve on hamburger buns with sliced tomato, onion, lettuce leaves and your favourite condiments.
- Serves: 7
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1 can BBQ style white and red kidney beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) large-flake rolled oats
- 1 egg(s), medium
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrot(s), grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) mustard, prepared
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 7 whole-wheat hamburger rolls
- tomato(es), sliced, for garnish
- onion(s), for garnish
- lettuce, for garnish
For a cheeseburger version, top each burger with a slice of cheddar during last minute of cooking. Or double the batch and freeze extra cooked burgers, individually wrapped in plastic wrap.
To reheat, unwrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until heated through.