Cut each breast lengthwise in 4 to 6 strips of equal size.
In a small saucepan, boil half of the peaches, 150 mL (⅔ cup) of the light syrup or juice, the stock and the ginger for 5 minutes over high heat.
Remove from heat and puree sauce in the blender or in the saucepan using a stick blender.
Return sauce to the heat. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch with a little bit of the sauce to dissolve and add to saucepan. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
When the sauce is thick and smooth, remove from heat and add cold butter, stirring with a wooden spoon.
In a large frying pan, cook chicken in oil over high heat for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 77°C (170°F).
Cut the remaining peaches in a fan, top with chicken strips and sauce. Serve with basmati rice and carrots on the side.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 28 fl oz (830 mL) or 798 mL canned peach halves, in light syrup or juice
- 2/3 cups (170 mL) hot chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter, cold
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste