Place chicken between to pieces of wax paper; pound to flatten.
Blanch vegetables in boiling water about 3 minutes; drain well.
Evenly divide vegetable strips onto chicken so that vegetables are visible on both sides of each piece. Roll up and place seam-side-down in shallow baking dish just large enough to hold roll-ups.
Combine soy sauce, water, vinegar, wine, brown sugar and cornstarch; pour over chicken.
Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
Sprinkle chicken with seasoned bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 20 minutes.
To brown crumbs, remove cover and continue baking about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 carrots, small, peeled, julienned
- 3 parsnips, small, peeled, julienned
- 6 green beans, julienned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine, dry
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs, seasoned