Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Use a fork to mix ricotta with pesto in a small bowl.
Place tortilla on oven proof dinner plate. Spread ricotta mixture evenly across tortilla.
Slice spring onion, cherry tomatoes and zucchini. Make the slices thin so they cook quickly. Dice sweet red pepper and cooked chicken and spread around tortilla.
Sprinkle on shredded Asiago cheese.
Top with fresh arugula, sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and red hot chili pepper flakes. This may seem like a lot of greens but they shrink as they wilt. Finally, drizzle with olive oil.
Bake 10 minutes or until heated through and edges of tortilla begin to brown. Eat with a knife and fork.
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-fat ricotta cheese, smooth
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) pesto, prepared
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, small
- 1 green onion(s), finely-sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 zucchini, medium
- 1/4 red pepper(s), diced
- 1 1/2 oz (45 g) cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula (rocket)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) olive oil
Ricotta is a moist fresh cheese that has a smooth creamy texture. It is high in protein making it a healthier alternative to full fat cream cheese.