Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Place spinach in a colander and pour boiling water over spinach to soften. Leave to drain.
Snip sundried tomatoes into strips using kitchen scissors. Place in a small bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Leave to soften at least 2 minutes and drain.
Spread your favourite whole grain pizza base with 125 mL each of pizza sauce, then top with wilted spinach, snipped sundried tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts, strips of cooked chicken, crumbled gorgonzola, sliced black olives and finally grated mozzarella cheese.
Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) chicken breast(s), cut into strips, cooked
- 4 cups (1 L) spinach, fresh
- 3 oz (90 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cups (175 mL) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 2 whole wheat pizza crusts, 9” / 23 cm each
- 1 cup (250 mL) pizza sauce
- 1/4 lb (0.2 kg) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) black olives, pitted, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) mozzarella cheese, part skim, 16.5% MF, grated
This recipe was tested with 2 pizza bases x 180 grams each including sauce (PC Blue Menu Whole Grain Pizza Kit). Use your favourite whole wheat pizza base. Whole wheat tortillas also work well as a pizza base.