In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for about 3 minutes until onion has softened.
Stir in chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in pepper, celery, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, hot pepper and black pepper and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon. Add beans and corn and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Divide filling among tortillas and roll up.
Put tortillas, seam side down, in a shallow, greased baking dish.
Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes or until tortillas are crisp. Sprinkle with cheese and top with sour cream before serving.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion(s), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper(s), chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 5 tsp (25 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin, ground
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper
- 1 can canned whole tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn niblets
- 8 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream