Heat oil in shallow skillet and fry wonton wrappers over high heat until crisp and golden brown, turning once. Drain on absorbent paper.
Make dressing by whisking together the fresh lime juice, lime peel, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, finely minced shallot and sesame seeds.
Mix the chicken with half of the dressing and set aside.
Cut red pepper into thin slivers. Finely mince basil, mint, and cilantro. Toss with the arugula. To assemble the salad, divide the arugula and herbs on 4 plates. Top with a crispy wonton, some of the marinated chicken, slivers of red pepper and a teaspoon of dressing. Add another layer of crispy wonton, marinated chicken, red pepper and another two teaspoons of the dressing. Garnish the salad stacks with green onion, sesame seeds, peanuts and a sprig of fresh basil.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts , roasted and diced
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (250 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper(s)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) basil, leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mint, leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, leaves
- 6 cups (1.5 L) arugula (rocket)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green onion(s), chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- 4 sprigs basil, for garnish
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds, for garnish