Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and begin to brown lightly. Continue to cook the chicken until it no longer looks pink, about 8 minutes.
Add the onion, green pepper, yellow pepper and garlic, cook for 8 minutes until softened; stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the adobo sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and stir for 1 minute.
To the pot stir in all the kidney beans, corn, tomatoes and the water. Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 30 minutes until the flavors have melded.
Serve chili in bowls with a selection of optional garnishes.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1 Spanish onion(s), medium, peeled and chopped into half-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper(s), cored and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper(s), cored and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 38 fl oz (1125 mL) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 19 fl oz (565 mL) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 9 fl oz (270 mL) corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 28 fl oz (830 mL) canned diced tomatoes, unseasoned
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- sour cream, (optional garnish)
- mozzarella cheese, grated (optional garnish)
- jalapeño peppers, sliced (optional garnish)
- avocado, sliced (optional garnish)
Adobo sauce is found in canned chipotle chiles in adobo and can be found in most supermarkets and grocery stores.