In a skillet, layer onion, red pepper and tomato.
Add chicken. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning and curry powder.
Add barbecue sauce and smoky habanera sauce.
Add water and vegetables, cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes, and then turn chicken over.
Add soup and cook for additional 45 minutes. Turn chicken over again after about 25 minutes.
Add rice and cook for another 15 minutes. The chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 chicken thighs
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 2 chicken breast(s), halved
- 3 onion(s), medium, diced
- 1 red pepper(s), diced
- 1 tomato(es), diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) curry powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) smoky habanera sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetables, fresh or frozen
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) instant rice