In a large bowl, stir together the broccoli, tomato sauce, olive oil, shredded chicken, cheese and fresh basil.
On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-inch circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
With a sharp knife, make a small slash on each calzone; this will let any steam escape. Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets, chopped, lightly steamed
- 2 cups (500 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken breast(s), cooked, shredded
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) frozen bread dough, defrosted
- 1 egg(s)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water