Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon to the pan and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and place on paper towel lined plate to drain. Set aside.
Add chicken to the pan and cook until no pink remains and golden in some spots, 6 – 7 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender and liquid is absorbed, 4 -5 minutes. Stir in garlic powder, salt and green onions.
Add white wine to chicken mixture and cook until evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add bacon back to the pan and stir in cream and pepper. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
Lay puff pastry sheets out on work surface. Cut each sheet into 4 equal squares. Lightly brush 2 adjoining edges of each square with egg to form an “L”. Equally divide filling amongst squares, placing it in each brushed “L”. Fold unbrushed corner diagonally over onto opposite corner to form a triangle. Using a fork, press down on edges to seal. Place turnovers on prepared pan leaving 1” of space between each one. Brush with egg and sprinkle with parsley. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 3 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into ½” cubes
- 225 g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 15% cooking cream
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 puff pastry sheets 11”x11” (450 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry parsley