Pour canned maple beans into bottom of crock of slow cooker. Cut apples in quarters and core. Slice the apples and onion and stir into the canned beans.
Top beans with skinless chicken breasts placed bone-side down on the beans. Cut chicken breasts in half if you want smaller pieces.
Mix together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard and hot sauce in a bowl. Use a spoon and spread evenly over top of chicken pieces.
Sprinkle dried or fresh thyme over chicken. Cook on LOW heat 6-8 hours (or HIGH 3-4 hours). If you use boneless chicken instead it will take less time to cook.
Remove the chicken pieces from the pot and set aside on a large plate. Don't pile them on top of each other as it ruins the BBQ sauce topping. Stir the liquid into the beans. Place the beans on a serving platter and top with the BBQ chicken pieces. If you are being informal you might just eat out of the pot!
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 cans maple baked beans
- 2 apple(s), skin on, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion(s), sliced
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) hot pepper sauce, (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme, dried
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme, fresh