Preheat grill to medium high. Place pizza stone directly on the heated side. Close the lid until the grill reaches 200°C (400 º F).
In a fry pan cook ground chicken until golden brown. Reserve and cool before placing into calzone.
In another pan add olive oil and sweat onion until it becomes translucent.
Spread rolled pizza dough with tomato sauce, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and place cooked ground chicken on half the dough. Cover with remaining dough piece; seal edges with fork.
Grill 25 to 30 min or until golden brown.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 oz (230 g) pizza dough, rolled out to desired thickness
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cups (175 mL) ground chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Vidalia onion(s), finely-chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
Store bought pizza dough is fine for this recipe.