In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar, mustard, soy sauce and pepper.
Add chicken breasts; turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
Grill chicken over medium heat, 6-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F (74°C).
Turn half way through cooking.
Remove from heat and loosely tent with foil for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with pesto; spread over cut sides of buns.
Sandwich chicken, mushrooms, roasted pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese in buns.
Place on greased grill over medium heat.
Grill, turning once and pressing sandwich with spatula until cheese is melted and buns are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, dried
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Dijon mustard, coarse grain
- pepper, dash, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pesto
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light mayonnaise
- 3 cups (750 mL) mushrooms, sliced, sautéed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Havarti cheese, grated
- 4 Kaiser roll(s)