That’s a Wrap, Folks!
Wraps offer the same flexibility and creative options as a sandwich, but in a more convenient format. Rolled up in a tasty tortilla or flatbread, you can enjoy all that sandwichy goodness without the risk of spillage because all your fillings are securely contained. This makes them the perfect on-the-go meal. Most wraps can be eaten one-handed, leaving the rest of you free to continue about your day. They’re the perfect meal solution for a busy schedule.
Like all sandwiches, wraps are an outlet for culinary creativity. A wrap can be anything you want it to be – breakfast, lunch, dinner, even a snack! It’s easy to pack all four food groups into a single bite, which makes them an ideal and energizing choice for kids and adults alike. Wraps are also a smart addition to a health conscious diet. They are low carb and there’s no limit to how many nutritious fillings you can pack in. And you can easily substitute white flour tortillas for whole wheat or vegetable-based versions.
It is remarkably easy to create your own wraps at home. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose your bread. White flour tortillas are a standard choice. They’re chewy and delicious and let the flavours of your fillings shine through. However, don’t be afraid to branch out. Flatbreads, pitas, or whole wheat and vegetable tortillas are excellent choices as well and offer unique tastes and textures.
- Pick your condiments. Spread your condiments of choice evenly across the tortilla. Remember, a thin layer goes a long way with a wrap since the bread is thinner than your average sandwich.
- Layer your fillings. Here’s where the fun really begins. Remember, a wrap can be anything you want it to be. Pile on your meats, cheeses, veggies, and anything else. Get creative!
- To grill or not to grill? Now that your wrap is ready to go, you must ask yourself an important question. Should it be grilled? Many wraps are excellent on a panini press or browned in a warm skillet.
- Serve and enjoy! You can eat your wrap right away, or package it tightly in parchment paper and bring it with you.
Here are a few of our favourite wrap recipes to be enjoyed any time of the day.
The perfect combination of salty and sweet, this filling wrap is the perfect addition to any lunchbox.
Asian-inspired peanut sauce kicks these wraps up a notch with zesty flavour and added protein.
These light and healthy wraps are filling and energizing, and fresh tzatziki gives them an extra kick.
Tasty chicken meatballs, roasted veggies, and tangy tomato sauce come together in this robust wrap.
These wraps are low-fat and low-calorie without sacrificing taste. Feta, fresh herbs, veggies, and perfectly cooked chicken breasts together in a warm tortilla – what else could you ask for?
These wraps have just the right balance of spice and freshness. Sliced chicken breasts are covered in honey salsa and wrapped up with fresh spinach and a tangy and creamy cucumber sauce.
These wraps pack the heat with delicious slow cooker jerk chicken. The zesty lime mayo works to cut the heat and accentuate the chicken’s bold flavours.