Thinly slice tomato, and then slice each slice into quarters. Slice chicken into thin bite-size strips. Stir basil with oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken. Add oil to a non-stick frying pan set over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Spread each tortilla with tzatziki. Divide chicken evenly between tortillas, placing in the centre of bottom third. Top with tomato slices, followed by red pepper strips then arugula or spinach leaves. Wrap each tortilla to enclose filling. Recipe can easily be halved or doubled.
- Serves: 6
- 1 tomato
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each dried basil and oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tzatziki
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) roasted red pepper strips
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula or baby spinach leaves