Pat chicken pieces dry. Heat oil in a heavy pot or cast iron skillet until heated to 350°F (175°C). In a medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, dried thyme and ½ teaspoon (0.5 mL) salt and pepper. In another bowl, add buttermilk.
Dip chicken cubes in buttermilk then evenly coat in breadcrumb mixture. Knock off excess and set aside. Fry chicken in batches, 9-11 minutes until cooked through. Drain on paper towel and season with salt.
While chicken is frying make dipping sauce. Combine sour cream, mustard, tarragon, hot pepper sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange chicken bites on a plate with a bowl of the dipping sauce.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch (4 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 2 cups (500 mL) peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
For dipping sauce:
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried tarragon
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper