- Cook pasta according to package directions
- About one minute before it finishes cooking add the pea pods. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, pea pods, chicken, celery, parsley, Saskatoon berries, red pepper, red onion, and basil.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Toss salad with dressing, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight to blend flavours.
- Before serving, toss with the parmesan cheese.
Saskatoon bushes grow wild on many prairie farms and the berry is similar in flavour to a blueberry. If Saskatoons aren’t available, use blueberries.
TIP: A quick way to get cooked chicken is to buy a rotisserie chicken from your local store. A 3 lb / 1.5 kg rotisserie chicken provides 2 ½ - 3 cups of boneless, skinless meat.