Slice thighs in half and breasts in quarters. For pieces much thicker than others, slash partway into the thickest section, then open book-fashion. Turn slow cooker to high for cooking 2 hours or low to cook 4 hours.
Add wine to slow cooker and stir in remaining ingredients. Stir in chicken. Push pieces into the liquid. Cover and cook on high 2 to 2½ hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours until chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Taste sauce and stir in more pesto if needed. Marvelous served in wide shallow bowls over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, parsley or sliced green onions.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 4 skinless boneless breasts
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil or half of 210 mL jar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pesto