Pull skin from chicken and trim away any fat. If using legs with thighs attached, cut into 2 pieces. Measure soya, Dijon, lemon juice and seasonings into a slow cooker. Stir to mix. Then add chicken, turning pieces to coat and place them bone-side up. Add carrots and push down into the sauce. Scatter potatoes over top.
Cook until vegetables are done as you like and chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) , 3 to 4 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low. Serve in big shallow bowls with the broth spooned over top. Garnish, if you like, with sliced green onions, chopped coriander or parsley.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs with thighs attached
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each of soya sauce and Dijon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) each of dried leaf thyme and dried leaf oregano
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots or bite-size slices of carrots
- 12 to 16 mini potatoes with skin-on