Heat the shortening in a skillet over medium-high heat.
In a bowl, mix the flour, condensed soup, seasoned salt, pepper, and salt.
Dip chicken in the mixture to coat, and fry in a heated skillet until golden brown.
Place chicken in a slow cooker.
Mix the chicken broth, brown sugar, and orange juice concentrate in a bowl, and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Cover, and cook 2 to 3 hours on low or 1 to 2 hours on High.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable shortening
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed