- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet. Sauté the red pepper, onion and sliced mushrooms for three minutes. Add cooked chopped chicken and stir to heat through – about 2 more minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Beat eggs and combine with milk and half of the shredded cheese. Stir into the cooled chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Coat a 6-cup non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. Pour egg mixture into greased muffin cups, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with the other half of remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg is set. Remove from the oven and let stand to cool five minutes.
- Serve with the toasted whole wheat English muffins.
No time to eat breakfast in the morning? Try these egg "muffins" for a quick, healthy breakfast that can be eaten on the run. Make them ahead and warm them in the microwave for a fast and healthy breakfast treat. Top with salsa for extra zing!