Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Makes approximately 2 cups (500 mL) of marinade. Refrigerate or freeze 1 cup (250 mL) in a container with a tight fitting lid for another BBQ meal.
Put chicken into a re-sealable plastic bag and pour in ¾ cup (175 mL) marinade. Reserve ¼ cup (60 mL) of marinade for basting. Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal and refrigerate for at least an hour or preferably overnight
Preheat BBQ grill to medium high. Grill chicken with the lid down, basting often with reserved marinade, for 8-10 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken pieces reads 165°F (74°C).
Alternately, cook in oven at 350°F (175°C) for between 40 – 55 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken pieces reads 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) Chardonnay
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds