Place a small whole chicken in the crock of slow cooker.
Mix sweet chili sauce, vinegar, chili powder, lemongrass herb blend in small bowl. Use a brush to coat all of the exposed chicken with the sauce.
Sprinkle sesame seeds and minced cilantro over top of chicken. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours (3-4 hours on HIGH). Check internal temperature of chicken with an instant read thermometer to ensure it has reached 180°F (82°C).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 1/2 lb (1.2 kg) whole chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemongrass, herb blend
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, fresh, minced
If you wish you can use your hands and a sharp knife to remove the skin from the breast and sides before placing in the crock of the slow cooker.
Nutrient analysis completed using skinless breast and leg portions of chicken.
Many herbs are now available in tubes. Squeeze out the amount you need and avoid waste if you can't use them up on time.