In a medium-size wide bowl, whisk the egg with the fish sauce, sesame oil and hot garlic-chili sauce. Add the ground chicken and spread out in the bowl so it covers the widest area possible. Sprinkle with the salt and green onion, then the bread crumbs and mint.
Stir the mixture with a fork to evenly distribute ingredients. Divide in four and form each into a burger about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. Press down in the centre with your thumb to form an indent.
Lightly coat a wide frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. When piping hot, add the burgers. Cover and cook over medium until browned, about 3 minutes a side. Then decrease heat to low. Cover and continue cooking about 4 more minutes a side. Serve in warm buns topped with thin slices of cucumbers and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 egg(s)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) hot-garlic chili sauce
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 green onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mint, fresh, finely-chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cucumber, sliced, for garnish
- coriander, fresh, for garnish