Place chicken in freezer bag and pour honey-garlic sauce and ground ginger into resealable bag making certain the chicken is coated well. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large, nonstick frying pan or wok at high heat. Add marinated chicken and toss until slightly browned and cooked through then reduce heat to medium.
Add stir-fry veggies to pan and toss. Stir until well coated and veggies are cooked through but still crisp. Finish with a little honey garlic sauce and sesame oil before serving. Serve over rice.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips against the grain
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey garlic sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, ground
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) basmati rice
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) white rice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil, for garnish
- 2 cups (500 mL) stir-fry vegetable mix, (optional to purchase frozen)
- honey garlic sauce, for garnish