Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties. With the back of a teaspoon, make a depression in the center of each burger. This helps cook the center of the burger more quickly.
Preheat barbecue on medium heat. Grill burgers with the barbecue lid closed until a thermometer inserted into a burger reads 165°F (74°C) – about 9 minutes per side.
Serve on whole wheat buns topped with your favourite burger toppings.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flax, ground
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) oat bran
- 1 egg(s), beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Red and green cabbage coleslaw goes very well with these burgers.