Assemble the tapenade. In the bowl of a food processor combine the olives, almonds, anchovy, capers, thyme, rosemary, mustard, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil. Pulse until combined. Add lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Cut the crusts off the slices of bread. Cut each piece into 4 triangles (toast points). Preheat the broiler to high. Arrange the toast points on a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of extra virgin olive oil. Broil for 1-2 minutes and flip for another 1-2 minutes until toast points are golden on both sides.
Spoon 1 tablespoon (15 mL) tapenade onto each toast point. Top with shredded chicken and a small sprig of fresh rosemary. Remaining tapenade will keep for up to 4 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Serves: 24
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 thin square slices dense sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) blanched almonds
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh rosemary, for serving