Add ground chicken to large bowl. Mix in drained spinach, whole cracked egg, crumbled feta, minced garlic, diced onion and dried oregano. Mix well using clean hands. Form into six equal size patties (about ½ cup - 125 mL each). Chill for one hour to prevent sticking on the grill.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Place burgers on top rack, close lid and grill 15 minutes one side or until browned. Close lid and grill another 7–10 minutes or until a thermometer set in centre of burgers registers 165°F (74°C). Remove from grill.
Place hamburger buns cut side down on grill and toast lightly.
Slice tomato and onion and place on serving dish with salad greens.
To serve, spread salad greens over bottom of bun. Top with a feta chicken burger, sliced tomato and onion and other half bun. Serve with your favourite tzatziki sauce or condiments.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 10 oz (285 g) frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground chicken
- 1 egg, medium
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) onions, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, dried
- 6 whole grain hamburger
- 2 tomatoes, medium, sliced
- 6 slices onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) field or mixed salad greens
If you need a gluten free version make sure you buy gluten free hamburger buns.