Stir garlic powder, with ground ginger and chili flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat half the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften, 3 – 4 min. Stir in soy sauce and half the garlic powder mixture. Cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, 3 – 4 min. Remove mushrooms to a plate. Wipe skillet clean and return to heat.
Increase heat to medium high. Heat remaining oil in pan. Season both sides of chicken with salt and remaining garlic powder mixture. Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, about 4 min per side. Remove chicken to cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice.
Stir broth with chili garlic sauce in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Cook ramen, one brick at a time, until noodles are separated and tender, about 2 min. Using a pair of tongs or slotted spoon, remove ramen to soup bowl. Continue with second brick and then add to second bowl.
Divide broth amongst bowls with noodles and top with mushrooms, sliced chicken, carrots, green onion and egg. Finish with a drizzle of sriracha.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) chili flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 small portabello mushrooms, gills removed and thinly sliced (150 g)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 200 g boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3)
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 3 cups (750 mL) sodium reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili garlic sauce
- 2 85 g ramen noodle bricks, seasoning packet discarded
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks (100 g)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 soft boiled egg, peeled and halved
- Sriracha for garnish, optional