Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, stir and sauté about 5 minutes or until softened.
Sprinkle onions with chili powder and ground cumin and stir to combine.
Add ground chicken and sauté until cooked through and lightly browned. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break the meat into smaller pieces during cooking.
Stir in the vegetable juice, diced green pepper and kidney beans with their liquid. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat and simmer an additional 20 minutes or until liquid reduces and chili thickens.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) onions, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground chicken
- 3 cups (750 mL) low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 X 19 oz canned kidney beans